Friday, February 26, 2010

BEHIND THE PILE LIVES...

.
.

.
.
.

.
THE HEART OF A PIANO.
.
.
.
Picked up this piano harp in early 2006. A man by the name of Matt was building his own house, literally, his hands along with help from a friend, on an Ocean Blvd lot in Long Beach, CA. The piano harp was sitting on the lot and I asked him what his plans were for it. He said he wanted to hang it on an interior wall when he finished the house. I replied that I wanted to play it and offered him $100 for it. I was surprised when he smiled and said, "$40 and it's yours." I happened to be in the editing phase of Creepy Fingers at that time. When I got it home to my garage I used it to score accentuating sounds for that film.
.
It now lives behind this pile of boards.
.
The mixed audio recording from the garage, in the above video, was used in a Creepy Fingers trailer.
.
(NOTE: If the vimeo video spins it's wheels trying to load up... in Safari click the post title. In Firefox click the Warbles header image— Seems to correct the problem.)
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: